Many people think about changing their kitchen cabinet which is not an easy home development task, it is also costly at times and might take some time to complete. If this question is keeping you from starting your kitchen cabinet make over, then, now is the time for you to make a choice.
The following are the features to consider while choosing between re-facing and replacing your kitchen cabinet.
When to reface kitchen cabinets?
- If you want to give fresh look to your Kitchen Cabinets.
- If you don’t wish to remove the original construction materials that cost high in the market.
- If you want to save huge amount, but still making the kitchen look as desirable as you want it to be.
- If restoring would not add value to your home.
- If you are preparing to sell your home and the kitchen cabinet is pulling down the value of your home.
What are the disadvantages of re-facing kitchen cabinets?
- If you have future plans to develop your kitchen work space, then re-facing kitchen cabinets would be more expensive.
- You cannot incorporate changes in kitchen cabinets to install extra space.
- The interior cabinet remains same, so does maintenance.
- You still have to deal with same workspace and storage problems.
What are the benefits of re-facing kitchen cabinets?
- It is cheaper.
- It is more appealing to probable home buyers.
- It redefines the look of the kitchen.
- It is up to date, clean and fresh.
What are the disadvantages of replacing kitchen cabinets?
- You may be throwing away expensive wood.
What are the benefits of replacing kitchen cabinets?
- Modern kitchen cabinet materials are easy to maintain and lighter in weight.
• Modern kitchen cabinet materials are highly durable and stronger.