We always have difficult time with shower glass doors cleaning. Glass doors are mostly the deposit of hard water, mildew and soap scum. It makes glass door look fogged. It is not difficult to clean if you do it weekly, or else scum starts building, it becomes utmost difficult to Shower Glass Door shine.
Some cleaner clean glass doors with dishwashing detergent, oven cleaner, vinegar, rubbing alcohol, lemon juice, bleach, plastic squeegee is the best hand tool as metals damage glass material. Prior starting the job, your must read cleaning solutions’ safety instruction cautiously, follow the safety procedure, as most of chemical cleaner is toxic; it contains phosphoric and acetic acid.
Ensure the bathroom is well ventilated and wear rubber glove to keep your skin free from chemical cleaner, now start.
- Ensure glass doors are dry
- Test cleaning solutions prior usage on glass doors.
- Apply cleaner to whole shower doors; leave it for at least 30 minutes.
- Scrub the surface with soft, non abrasive cloth or sponge that may not scratch the glass.
- Rinse the door with cold water to remove cleaner and stain.
- Make use of plastic squeegee to erase extra water.
- If soap scum still exists, a sharp razor blade could be used for removing any spots
- Lastly, use dry cloth to wipe down the glass.
A layer of wax on the glass should be applied as it keeps hard water deposits, mildew and soap scum out of the glass. Costly specialized cleaners are not required, as bleach works fine and has the capability to remove mildew in few minutes. Never use full strength bleach on shower glass as it erodes the glass. The ration of 3/4 cup bleach per gallon of water should be ensured. Lastly, don’t skip to rinse while working with bleach as bleach residue damages the grout.